Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Goodbye heat (for now)

Jinghong, Xishuangbanna.

Too hot to walk around, too hot to bring up the camera and take pictures, too humid to enjoy drinking.
Definitely too hot to "cycle between villages for hours", which is the only point of being here in the firstplace.
I guess I was relatively lucky, as within 2 days it only rained for about 1 hour. And probably, I will get acclimatized within a few days ... but I see not real point for it.

And the food is not half as spicy as I was promised - I could of course been missing on the real local grub somehow - but I can usually spot a proper chilly from miles away, so I'm somewhat in doubt.

So I'll be moving on to Dali - back to the original plan, and back to 1,900m above see level.
No VPN access no more for nicely organized posts, so I'll be posting some staff remotely once settled again (or maybe even soething tomorrow before heading north).

No comments: